Hello dear Readers,
It's been a very busy couple of weeks as my Mother, Father, Sister and
her husband, Jeff, flew into London on the 27th of April. Here we see me after P9X and Insanity, and my sister's big baby bellly!
We spent the
weekend in London and had a mini birthday celebration for us three kids (mine was March 11, Cat's March 30 and Patrick April 30). Saturday we did Kew and Maids of Honour on Sunday
and flew to Cyprus for Easter week EARLY on Monday morning. Kew was brilliant for color with the cherry trees out and lots of flowers, but it was really cold! Patrick is even wearing the heavy wool cabled sweater I made him for his birthday.
The Maids of Honour was really crowded, but we found space for most of us inside for a cup of tea and split an afternoon tea tray. Pat and Dad sat outside drinking their manly coffees.
In Cyprus we did a lot of the usual tourist things. After flying in on Monday early we hit Coral Bay beach after lunch and enjoyed the clear warm(ish) water. The next day we did the ancient site and mosaics. It was great seeing this stuff again because I haven't really played tourist in Cyprus pretty much since my first trip here, it's usually chores chores chores. Here were are at what I think is the house of Dionyses.
Of course after a hard hot morning looking at ruins you need to get your Frappe on! A good solid hour cooling off at the port and people watching.
We spent a lot of time at the beach this trip, more than I can remember doing in a long time, which is great. To me summer is the beach, so I feel like I haven't had a proper summer in a looooooong time (we're talking 2006!).
We went up to the city of Lachi in Polis for a morning, and explored Geroskipu's beach in the afternoon. Saturday we went to St. Neofytos monastery which is about 15 min away and did more tourist stuff, and then Coral Bay beach again in the evening!
This is Easter week for the Orthodox faith, so we went to midnight mass last night. Not really my thing, stayihng up late, church, candles and lots of kids doing little bombs to commemorate the evening, pretty much all the things I hate. Oh and Chris mad sheep head for him and Jeff for dinner. It was buy one get one free and, well, two heads ARE better than one.......
Today is a quiet day with the family, Chris and Jeff are next door now stoking the fires to make Souvla and mom and Niki are in the kitchen making stuffed grape leaves. Tomorrow we plan to make the long drive into the occupied part which my dad is interested to see, then back home to London on Tuesday afternoon.
I thought it would be weird my family meeting Chris's for the first time, but it's actually not bad at all, and I realize I speak a lot more Greek than I thought I did. It's also a hell of a lot nicer being here when there are people I can talk to and who aren't trying to feed me all the time!!!
Cheers
Mmmm . . . sheep head.
ReplyDelete