Hand Crafted Knits

Please see links on the sidebar for Knitting Commission price list and photo gallery.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Big Things

Hello Dear Readers,

This weekend Chris and I traveled to Kingston on Thames at 8 am to see an 8:45 showing of The Dark Knight Rises (the latest and last Batman movie) in IMAX.  It was a bit early for me, and the show was 3 hours long, but it was a good one.  What I enjoyed at least as much was exploring the little town of Kingston.  It has some good shopping including a mall and the "Old London Road" quaint shops.  It has a little Quay by the river (pronounced "Key") and a fantastic medieval square with a little farmer's market on the Saturday morning we went.

We also found this gem, which I had seen in photographs before but had no idea it was so accessible or so local!  It's no the most interesting town in London perhaps, but I was blown away by it's charm.

 Speaking blown away, what have we here?  A Coca Cola bottle with Olympic branding?
 What is my whole team from the office doing standing outside in the middle of the day?  (Notice what a fantastic looking group we are, and how it's not raining, but seriously, these guys are great to work with).
 Who is that standing behind me?
Why it's the Olympic torch relay, passing right through Kew gardens!  We were able to take some flexi time off to see the torch being run through the gardens.  Impossible to get a good photo, but it was a fun little break in the middle of the day.  The first Olympic event is today (soccer) but the opening ceremonies aren't till Friday.  We're all a twitter here, big things happening, I'll keep you updated!
I am having a little trouble with my shoulders - too much stress and typing- so knitting is out and I'm limiting my out of office typing so I still plan to blog, they will just probably be short and sweet for a while.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Ack! Hope your shoulder feels better soon! Enjoy the Olympics!

    ReplyDelete