Hand Crafted Knits

Please see links on the sidebar for Knitting Commission price list and photo gallery.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter weekend

Hello Dear Readers,

Happy belated Easter everyone, Easter is taken pretty seriously here, not as much as Christmas where there isn't even public transportation or movie theaters, but quiet with Good Friday and Easter Monday as holidays for most people.  I experimented with my bread machine and made some lovely hot cross buns, which were scarfed down in about two days.  Chris even ate them even though they had raisins.  They came out super fantastic delicious!  Thanks again Molly for that bread machine! 
 

In the afternoon Chris and I used one of my London City Walk cards (thanks again Molly) to explore the village of nearby Wimbledon, which is really in walking distance of our place.  Above is a windmill where apparently Baden-Powell, the creator of the Boy Scouts wrote much of his book, and where you can see me using my new wildflower guide.  We saw Primula veris, Lamium purpureum Taraxacum officinale and Ulex  europaeus, what a handy book!  I've been doing a little volunteer work this week, yesterday at Kew and today at the Museum and tomorrow a friend of mine is bringing a spinning wheel for me to use, so I'm keeping pretty busy.  Not sure when my new job at Kew will start, probably in May but possibly sooner.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. You have a BREAD MACHINE?! "Thank you Molly," indeed. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete