Hand Crafted Knits

Please see links on the sidebar for Knitting Commission price list and photo gallery.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Same old Same old

Hello Dear Readers,

Not too much going on here across the pond, we had a "Bank Holiday" weekend last weekend (Monday off) and due to some pain in my arm caused by working on the computer in an anxious fashion, I spent most of the weekend working my way through Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 5...... I was so sore I didn't even knit all weekend (except for about 30 min with my toes, I just needed a little fix) and I didn't do any typing or computer work (hence no blog). I'm all better this week, I think I just needed severe rest and a few yoga classes to work it out.

I had finished a lot of knitting projects a few weeks ago, but didn't get a chance to photograph them until today.
I've also been helping my sister out with some wedding stuff (like which M&M's I liked best for the favors), and whipped up this little bolero to go over my smoking hot bridesmaid's dress should it turn chilly. I also have a more substantial sweater if the weather is really bad, or it may be balmy and hot, who knows?
Yesterday morning Patsquash and some friends cycled down to Brighton (55 miles, or 75 if you can't read a map). I got up at 6am to make them some banana muffins, used up the last of my imported from the USA Bisquick to make pancakes, fresh squeezed orange juice, the works. It's so nice to cook for a bunch of athletes who will eat just about anything, and lots of it! Here they are trying to figure out how to use the new bike pump.......who needs an instruction manual?

I also went to a Crafternoon with some friends from my Tuesday knitting group in Hammersmith. They are an amazing and diverse group of ladies, I'm so lucky to have found them, and so soon after I got here! Before some of you get too excited, the guys aren't knitters, they are just SO's along for the good conversation and to hold on to yarn hanks for winding. Tom and Lucy are in the back, winding some yarn, they are headed to China next week and Chris and I are cat sitting for them. I told Lucy, "You had me at one bedroom apartment!" It will be a nice stay-cation for Chris and I and give us a chance to explore a slightly different part of London, as well as pretend that we have our own place for a while. I plan on listening to loud music and leaving dishes in the sink overnight, heaven!!

No comments:

Post a Comment